Wednesday 22 June 2011

The muse has run away with me...

It's amazing the things you can create when you are super inspired. Firstly, I have no idea why I didn't start writing Tain's story earlier. I know it so well and just writing down an outline has helped me to cement it all in my head. She is, without a doubt, my favourite character.

This week so far I've written 6500 words and we've got right into the heart of the action.

It wouldn't surprise me if the word count has overtaken Frankie's story by the end of the week. I just want to keep writing (which is hampered somewhat by work and the desperate need to continue reading Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - wow) and writing.

I'll just sit down to churn out a few words and the next thing I know I've written 2000. All very easily and in a very short amount of time.

This makes me wonder if Sanctuary wasn't ready to be written because I struggled so much with it. Or maybe I've just learnt so much writing it that book two is much, much easier.

Did you find a difference in the ease of writing between your first and second novel attempts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!